TARAXACUM OFFICINALIS [Tarax]
Bilious sick feeling. Tongue mapped, coated, with raw excoriated patches.
FAMILY : Composite.
MODALITIES : < Rest 2, lying > Walking < Sitting > Motion < Standing > Motion of affected part < Fats and rich food > Touch < Sour and bitter > Breakfast < Fasting > Rising up < Smoking < Indoor air
MIND : 1) Gloomy mood when occupied.
2) Shuns labour but after beginning, works well.
3) Anxiety while sitting > motion.
4) Sensation of distance, isolation. Indifference, separated from outside world.
5) Overwhelming emotions, deeply moved and sympathetic with others.
6) Inclined to talk, laugh and be merry.
7) Delusion as if going downward when walking on a flat road.
8) Delusion that vital force is leaving body from above downwards.
GUIDING INDICATIONS : -Right sided affections.
-Coldness of right side of body, heat of left side.
-Great tiredness, "lead like heaviness" inclined to sit or lie down, involuntary closure of eyes.
-Tingling, formication, numbness.
-Symptoms go downwards.
-Sensation as if corners of mouth were drawn downwards.
-Sensation of warmth extending from above downwards.
-Pains, pressing, stitching.
-Headache- right sided; from right occiput to right eye, above right eye, to right temple < raising up and keeping head straight >stooping.
-Sternocleidomastoid muscle very painful to touch.
-Tongue-MAPPED [ Lach, Merc, Nat-m, Ars.], covered with a white film, feels raw, comes off in patches, leaving red, sensitive spots. [Ran-s].
-HYSTERICAL TYMPANITES; sensation as if bubbles in hypogastrium would burst.
-Jaundice with enlargement and induration of liver. White stools. Bilious diarrhoea.
-Chilly after eating.
-Neuralgia of knee > pressure.
-Heavy sensation in legs > walking.
-Restlessness of limbs in typhoid [Rhus, Zinc], with tearing pains.
-TIPS OF FINGERS ICY COLD,
-Heat in face and toes, without thirst. Burning toes.
-Profuse night sweats.
KEYNOTES : 1) Coldness of right side of body, heat of left side.
2) Symptoms go downwards.
3) Sternodeidomastoid muscle painful to touch.
4) MAPPED TONGUE.
5) Sensation as if bubbles in hypogastrium would burst.
6) Neuralgia of knee > pressure.
7) TIPS OF FINGERS ICY COLD, HEAT OF TOES.
CONFIRMATORY SYMPTOMS : 1) Shuns labour, but after beginning, works well.
2) Tiredness, "leaden heaviness" inclined to sit or lie down, involuntary closure of eyes.
3) MAPPED TONGUE; tongue covered with white film, feels raw, comes off in patches, leaving red sensitive spots.
4) Profuse night sweats.
NUCLEUS OF REMEDY : 1) Gastric and bilious attacks especially gastric headache.
2) Jaundice with enlarged and indurated liver and MAPPED TONGUE.
3) Hysterical tympanities with sensation as if bubbles in hypogastrium would burst.
4) Tiredness, " leaden heaviness"; inclined to sit or lie down, involuntary closure of eyes.
CLINICAL : -Biliousness, Cholecystitis, gastritis, Glossitis, Headache, Jaundice.
-In thymic asthma of children, Calc-c is often indicated and if child is constipated, Taraxacum may follow.
REMEDY RELATIONSHIPS : -Compare- Bry, Chel, Chin, Hydr, Nux-v, Ptel.